$100 Amazon Giveaway
Nov 5 -19, 2015
Open to US
We think we know it all when it comes to fires. The trick is that without practicing often enough, the auto mechanism fails us in a difficult and critical situation. That is why, we would like to bring this message from the Smokey Bear about fire prevention and awareness in the wild. By doing so, we support our safety and the safety of our natural resources, animals and other people.
Let’s support Ad Council, the U.S. Forest Service and the National Association of State Foresters on the importance of preventing wildfires.
Bringing You Moments To Celebrate
Sponsored by Smokey Bear
Organized by Bloggin’ Mamas
Featured by Celebrate Woman Today
Get Your Smokey Mask!
The sad truth is that nearly 9 out of 10 wildfires are still caused by humans:
- In 2014 there were 7,933 wildfires caused by lightning, but 55,679 wildfires caused by human error (as reported to the National Interagency Fire Center).
- In 2014 more than 3.5 million acres burned due to wildfires in the U.S. of those, more than 1.5 million acres burned due to human-caused wildfires.
Although most of us don’t behave this way intentionally, each year we learn of devastating wildfires caused by careless behavior which can impact millions of acres of forest and thousands of homes.
We can also be more responsible in our homes when it comes to fire safety as well. Half of home fire deaths result from fires reported between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. when most people are asleep. Only one in five home fires was reported during these hours.
How Can You Stay Safe
- Learn how to build a SAFE campfire to prevent wildfires
- See how easily burning debris can start a wildfire
- Understand how proper equipment maintenance can reduce wildfires
- Safety is not only important indoors, but also around your property and community
Community Fire Safety
- How to prevent and detect fires inside your home
Home Fire Safety
Take The Pledge
Pledge to be smart when using fire outdoors so you can do your part to prevent wildfires.
- Understand why some wildfires are caused by careless behavior
It Could Be You
- Sign up to Take the Pledge
- National Tally
When you are done entering this great prize, explore some other giveaways we’ve got to share with you!
Prize – $100 Amazon Gift Card
Complete the tasks below to earn entries into this giveaway.
Refer your friends using your Unique Link inside Rafflecopter to earn even more entries to win.
Ends at 11:59pm EDT on November 19, 2015