Hearty Skillet Pasta Supper
Pasta is so easy to prepare! You can easily boost the flavor of any pasta dish with veggies, spices and herbs. Sauces are part of a pasta dish. When prepared with a lot of vegetables and herbs, they can truly bring the benefits of phytonutrients to your table.
And with cooked tomatoes, we all get the heart-health benefits of lycopene. These recipes are only a suggestion to inspire you to get into your kitchen and try your hand at the creative cooking of your pasta dish of your life! What are you waiting for?
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) May 11, 2015
- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 ounces dry whole wheat medium shell pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook beef in large skillet over medium heat until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.