Heart Healthy Breakfast Scramble
A powerful breakfast dish made with your favorite proteins – feel free to substitute to your liking! The trick is to make your breakfast yummy and pleasant to your senses. Add tomatoes and herbs to take on the benefits of the phytonutrients and heart-healthy microelements.
Love Recipes – Please ReTweet!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) May 4, 2015
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 7 ounces turkey smoked sausage
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, shredded style, thawed (3 cups = 9 oz)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, drained
- 1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original (16 oz = 2 cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set aside. Cut sausage lengthwise into quarters; cut crosswise into slices. Add to prepared skillet along with the potatoes; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until sausage and potatoes are evenly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, place drained tomatoes in microwavable dish; cover with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Stir. Cover to keep warm.
- 3. Add Egg Beaters to skillet; cook just until Egg Beaters are set, stirring occasionally. Spoon evenly onto 8 serving plates; top with the tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Only 100 calories per serving with 11 grams of protein. Add veggies and herbs to truly enhance the experience of this simple and delicious meal!