Strong immune system benefits from several factors. Without doubt, one of the most important of them is getting enough sleep on the regular basis. June is a National Men’s Health Month. Reminding our men about the importance of good night’s sleep is one of the ways to encourage them to take a good care of their personal health.
The studies report that poor and insufficient sleep can deplete person’s energy and lower their productivity. However, the risks are much higher than that. In fact, there are strong associations with serious medical conditions such as diabetes mellitus and insulin resistance, hypertension [high blood pressure], obesity, heart disease, obstructive sleep apnea, depression, and anxiety.9
“These medical and psychiatric comorbidities put a person at risk for heart attack and stroke. Other adverse consequences of chronic sleep loss on public health include increased mortality & morbidity, poor performance on waking activities resulting in increased accidents & injuries, lower self-reported quality of life, decreased family well-being, and reduced use of health care.”9
Those who neglect a good night’s sleep do pay dearly with their well-being.
Importance of Melatonin for Good Health
Our body makes melatonin within its pineal gland. Melatonin is a hormone participating in some of the key bodily functions.
– Some hormones are regulated with the help of melatonin. The latter supports the the body’s core temperature and regulates blood pressure.2,3,4
– With melatonin rising levels during dark, we know it’s time to go to bed.1
– When melatonin binds to the brain receptors, it slows down the brain activities. The same effect happens when melatonin binds with the receptors inside the body, relaxing and calming it.5,6,7
The most-known function of melatonin is that it signals the body to prepare for the night’s sleep when it gets dark outside. The dopamine (hormone that keeps us awake) levels in the body drop when we prepare for the night cycle. In good health, the hormone fluctuations happen thanks to the synergistic work of the entire hormonal system. If that system, for some reasons, stops to function in harmony, the negative effects follow.
Obviously, you can explore and consider other natural sleep aids from lavender essential oil to magnesium to valerian root. For each person’s needs there’s a way to find a solution to calm down before a night’s sleep. Sleep pattern or sleep hygiene plays an important role in organizing yourself for a deep sleep.
Superior Source Vitamins Giveaway
June 15-22, 2021
Open to US
Let’s celebrate the Men’s Health Month with some of the best health supplements for sleep and well-being. Superior Source vitamins have a powerful option for any person in your family.
Enter the giveaway form to win a collection of MicroLingual® vitamins for a man in your life. Health supplements for sleep is more than just taking it before bed. It is a wisely organized way to respect your body and its internal clock during the entire day.
Giveaway sponsored by Superior Source
Melatonin is an effective supplement that can help you fall asleep, especially if you have insomnia or jet lag.
Superior Source Vitamins has melatonin supplements for any man to keep up with the demands of the day. Sleep quality is a prerequisite for robust energy levels during the day. During a deep sleep cycle, a person is going through a huge change: the body regenerates, hauls away toxins and by-products from the cells, hence adding a potent immune defense to the entire organism.
For men, sleep problems could significantly undermine their sexual health in addition to various medical conditions affecting heart, bone health and mental health.
One of the clinical studies says this: “In fact, patients with urological disorders or erectile dysfunction (ED) may have a sleep disorder that contributes to their urological or sexual dysfunction. Obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia, shift work disorder, and restless legs syndrome are all common sleep disorders and are associated with ED and/or other urological disorders.“10
Testeral for Men
Superior Source Testeral contains a proprietary blend of herbs formulated to support healthy testosterone levels. A critical male hormone, testosterone helps maintain muscle strength, boosts libido and supports overall wellness in men.
Coenzyme Vitamin B Complex
You are here for a huge treat. If you may be aware, vitamin B is not just a single vitamin. It is a group of many vitamins like biotin, cobalamin, folic acid, inositol plus others, that contribute to the vital processes in our bodies. Without these vitamins, our life would be impossible.
Nutrition experts agree that we need to reach out daily for whole foods that are rich in vitamin B. Examples of such foods are given in my post I linked below in the pink box.
The B-group vitamins do not provide the body with fuel for energy like it’s being advertised with many products. Instead, vitamin B complex benefits build an invaluable base for our bodily functions.
Vitamin A Group for Eye and Skin Health
As you may know vitamin A is a group of compounds that supports eye health and the maintenance of healthy skin, teeth, and the surface linings for the respiratory, urinary and intestinal tracts. In addition, vitamin A also plays a vital role in the promotion of immune system health.
If you are a person who is looking for learning more about the skin and its aging process, and most importantly, how to thwart the damaging processes in the skin, get on the skin know-how email list below.
Check out this post on the vitamins for healthy immune system.
KETO Collagen Powder
Collagen is the most abundant substance in the body and helps give structure to our hair, skin, nails, bones, ligaments, and tendons. When we get older, the production of collagen begins to slow down. Supplementing with collagen peptides (or hydrolyzed collagen) may help with the body’s need for these building blocks.
The post below explains the difference among all types of collagen and peptide collagen and hydrolyzed collagen peptides. You’ll be equipped with a powerful know-how to make a purchase decision once you learn what to look for in collagen products.
If you want to know how your body could benefit from the hydrolyzed collagen, read my post.
Vitamin D3 Extra Strength
Vitamin D works in conjunction with calcium to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. But when it comes to sleep issues, vitamin D could be a vital element to extend its duration.8 What you need to keep in mind is that all vitamins work in collaboration with each other. Some vitamins serve as a prerequisite for another vitamin or work in conjunction with each other.
Without a doubt, having a balanced diet working with supplements is a powerful approach to an abundant living with good health.
A study conducted using vitamin D3 in men found out that “that vitamin D deficiency is associated with a higher risk of sleep disorders.”
Vitamin D as a unique, fat-soluble vitamin can either be ingested from diet or synthesized by ultraviolet-B (UVB) radiation. For those who do not get enough sun rays, supplementing the diet with vitamin D is a must.
Why Superior Source Vitamins Are Different from Other Vitamins and Supplements
In fact, MicroLingual vitamins are an optimal solution to take supplements. Here’s why.
The “Under the tongue Technology” works within seconds and delivers all vitamins into the blood bypassing the acid in the stomach.
In addition to a quick dissolving time, there are no pills to swallow. I would guess any persona would be more willing to take vitamins without extra resistance to swallow them.
Plus, all MicroLingual vitamins are 90% smaller than regular vitamins, and are developed without any fillers, sugar, dyes or preservatives. They are GMO FREE, too.
Here’s a quick summary for MicroLingual Superior Source Vitamins:
– No pills to swallow – large or small
– Non-GMO, Gluten-FREE, Sugar FREE
– 90% smaller than regular vitamins
– Zero chemical binders, No excessive fillers
– Preservative FREE, Dye FREE
– Melt in your mouth, hence No water necessary
– Made without any coating or additives
– Zero magnesium stearate or silica
– Dissolves under the tongue for quicker and maximum absorption
– Clean and pure – the way nature intended
But like with any supplements, the best way is to check with your health care provider for an optimal solution for your body and well-being.
Where to Buy MicroLingual Superior Source Vitamins
Just like sublingual vitamins are easy to consume, you can conveniently purchase Superior Source vitamins and dietary supplements you need for your daily self-care at Amazon, iHerb, Vitacost, Swanson Vitamins.
- Nava Zisapel, New perspectives on the role of melatonin in human sleep, circadian rhythms and their regulation. Br J Pharmacol. 2018 Aug; 175(16): 3190–3199.
- Rosemary A. Savage, et al. Melatonin. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021 Jan-.
- Renske Lok, et al. Daytime melatonin and light independently affect human alertness and body temperature. J Pineal Res. 2019 Aug; 67(1): e12583.
- Olga Pechanova, Ludovit Paulis, and Fedor Simko. Peripheral and Central Effects of Melatonin on Blood Pressure Regulation. Int J Mol Sci. 2014 Oct; 15(10): 17920–17937.
- Khuen Yen Ng, Mun Kit Leong, Huazheng Liang, George Paxinos. Melatonin receptors: distribution in mammalian brain and their respective putative functions. Brain Structure and Function volume 222, pages 2921–2939 (2017)
- Mucahit Emetm, et al. A Review of Melatonin, Its Receptors and Drugs. Eurasian J Med. 2016 Jun; 48(2): 135–141.
- Lisa A Ostrin OD PhD FAAO. Ocular and systemic melatonin and the influence of light exposure. Clinical and Experimental Optometry, Volume 102, 2019, pages 99-108.
- Qi Gao, Tingyan Kou, Bin Zhuang, Yangyang Ren, Xue Dong, and Qiuzhen Wang. The Association between Vitamin D Deficiency and Sleep Disorders: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Nutrients. 2018 Oct; 10(10): 1395.
- Joseph A. Hanson; Martin R. Huecker. Sleep Deprivation. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021 Jan-.
- Jae Wook Cho and Jeanne F. Duffy. Sleep, Sleep Disorders, and Sexual Dysfunction. World J Mens Health. 2019 Sep; 37(3): 261–275.