Let’s face it, our skin is undergoing a daily bombardment from the outside elements. Be it weather conditions or a seasonal flu situation, our personal inattention to the daily needs of our largest organ or an accident that severely damages it, – the skin calls for daily appreciation of it. It doesn’t take a rocket science to figure out what your skin needs.
The very basic needs are always the same: Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize. Every step of this process can be significantly powered by using the products that are boosted with vitamins, minerals, enzymes and the actives addressing your skin’s condition.
The best part of your skin routine is that is can be done easily and within your budget when you approach skin care regiment with love, creativity and knowledge.
I’ve got interested in the skin subject when I was at high school and read up on every magazine and article I could get my hands on. No computers at that time to google everything I wanted to know. But with my genuine interest into the skin subject, I remain an avid student of all things SKIN.
What I am using and doing on the regular basis is facial masks. Majority of them are home-made from the ingredients that are easily available. Sourcing organic where possible, I apply my personal research and experience to give my skin the best practice in care.
To improve your skin responsiveness to the actives (vitamins, minerals and alike), you need to give it an ample hydration base. That means drinking good water (I prefer spring water) during the day and giving your skin hydration opportunities via facial masks.
Here’s one that will do several things for you and your precious skin.
Floral & Oats Facial Mask Recipe,
You could experiment using either honey and/or yogurt
as liquids of your choice in this recipe.
I use both!
Why This Mask Is Good for Your Skin
• Glucans in oats penetrate the dermis and work within the lower layers of the epidermis to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, soften the texture of the skin
• Are anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, antioxidant
• Improve skin hydration and elasticity
• Disinfects and detoxifies skin
• Enhances blood circulation
• Lowers skin inflammation
• Kills germs and bacteria on the skin surface
• Reduces inflammation and swelling
• Moisturizes and soothes creating a natural skin glow
• Lactic acid soothes and softens dry, itchy skin
• Moisturizes and rejuvenates skin
• Tightens wrinkles, refines pores
- 5 Tbsp kaolin clay
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp dried lavender buds or rose petal's
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Honey And/OR Plain Yogurt, just enough to combine all ingredients, see instructions below
- Combine the oats, flowers, and sugar in the coffee grinder/food processor. Grind until a fine powder.
- Combine this fine oat powder with clay and store in a tightly closed jar (up to six months.) This way, your mask ingredients will be readily available to you at any time.
- Moisten face with warm water.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of the prepared powder with enough liquid (yogurt, honey) to make a wet paste.Gently massage this paste over face and neck – avoiding the eye area – for 1-2 minutes. You do not need to keep the mask on your face for more than that. Cleansing and Moisturizing effect from the ingredients will do the job.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Grind a cup or so of oatmeal in your coffee grinder and store it in a tightly closed jar. This way, your mask ingredients will be readily available to you at any time.
- Remember to continue with your Feeding your body and skin daily with whole foods – vegetables and fruit, heritage grains – that provide plenty of nutrients necessary for your body to function and rejuvenate over night. Your Skin will thank you.
Use A Pestle To Grind Ingredients Into Finer Powder
This Is Your Mask Consistency After the Added Honey & Yogurt Portions
Massaging this Liquid Mask Into Your Skin
Has Multiple Health & Skin Benefits
The aroma is of clean and fresh lavender that boosts your mood and adds a smile on your face. That alone triggers positive hormonal changes in the brain. When you add this mask to your daily routine, you will see results in a week or so. The skin is very responsive to the goodness you do to it and is grateful by rewarding you with a brighter, softer, more moisturized skin.