Curry powder is one of the best ways to incorporate multiple health benefits into our food. Curry powder is usually a mixture of several ingredients like turmeric, coriander, cardamom, cumin, sweet basil, and red pepper; though sometimes you can see other ingredients in its mixture.
Coconut Curry Sauce to Satisfy Your Taste Buds
Easy to Make. Fast to Serve!
One of the best benefits that I personally love is curry powder’s anti-inflammatory action. Inflammation is one of the first stages of any disease in our body. To lower and even prevent inflammation is the key to a healthy living. Our foods add one more barrier to our enjoyment of taste and well-being.
I love Asian cuisine and make different foods that include ingredients from it: curry powder is one of them. I love curry recipes paired with tempeh. Check out one of the best in nutritional profile Tempeh and Cabbage with Coconut Curry Sauce. You can offer this curry sauce as a dip for veggies or use it over rice and any other ancient grain like quinoa, amaranth, kamut, buckwheat and many others.
Tempeh Recipe with Coconut Curry
Curry Flavors Are Life Invigorating
Easy Coconut Curry Recipe
- 1 carrot, grated or sliced per your preference
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, use organic
- 1/3 cup onions, slices
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 (13.5 oz) can Coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Heat coconut oil. Saute onions, carrot, ginger until soft.
- Add yellow curry powder, mix it into the vegetables mixture.
- Add the can of coconut milk.
- Raise heat to medium, bring mixture to a boil and simmer on medium/low heat for about 10-15 minutes, stirring.
- Use it hot on any tempeh dishes, rice, ancient grain recipes.