Indulge into this rather light berry dessert when your sweet tooth calls for it!
Clafoutis – pronounced as [kla-foo-tee] – has originally been created in France with black cherries as the base of the dessert. However, the culinary industry has adopted the “clafoutis” name for the dessert that has blackberrries, raspberries, blueberries, sarsaparrilla, and similar berries) to be the center of attention in this type of dessert. My personal preference lies with blackberries and raspberries. But you feel free to use whatever feels right for your palate!
Clafoutis of Mixed Berries
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar to sprinkle
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven at 350F. Butter 8 individual oven-proof bowls, fill them with the assorted berries and put aside.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, cognac. Whip until blended well. Add grated zest, cinnamon, flour, granulated sugar and salt. Mix and pour into bowls with berries.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden on the top.
- When bowls are cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Could be served warm or cold.
Food is our glue that binds us together. Celebrate food you partake every single day. Give thanks for the nourishment it brings to you and your body, allowing you to be the best you can within each day. Check our amazing sharing of recipes at the Fresh Flavors Swap. Join the tribe of those of us who LOVE to eat deliciously.