Ornament Tea Cakes
These 3D Cookies are so versatile! Bring in your children to decorate with you!
We are going to have a party on New Year’s Day when our friends would be coming to celebrate with us the beginning of a new year. Each one of them will be brining a white elephant gift, all wrapped up and then exchanged during the party.
Set aside, we are prepping up a lot of crafts for both kids and grown-ups to do together! These 3D cookies will be there, bare and ready to be decorated. I hope to catch it all on camera and share later with you.
- 3 Cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 Cups sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1-1/2 Cup milk
- 3/4 Cups Soft butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract or 1-1/2 tsp of Lemon zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease forms/pan cavities with butter
- 2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- 3. Add wet ingredeints and combine with hand-mixer
- 4. Pour batter into each lower ornament cavity top
- 5. Cover lower pan with the top pan
- 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Get some frosting from your local grocery store of different colors, plus some edible decor beads and sprinkles. Stir up imagination of your guests!
I’d recommend to use at least 3 colors in your frosting decoration. That would allow for more versatility and festivity looks!
Use fun facts about holiday season or anything that would add more interaction for the cookie decoration day or night of get-together. We had a great time with our kids to add frosting and sprinkles to these awesome yummies. They are delicious and ready to be given as a gift – all wrapped and presented to the recipient – or eaten away with your favorite cup of tea or coffee.
Have a beautiful and very creative Holiday Season this year!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) December 27, 2016