Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These homemade chocolate chip cookies can easily become your favorite for holidays and cookie exchanges.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature – I add just a bit more about a tablespoon
- ½ cup granulated sugar I substituted with coconut sugar, low glycemic
- 1 cup packed Demerara sugar (dark brown sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips 2 cups is about 12 ounces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Reduce speed to low. Add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
Add flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.