10 Great Sides To Bring To Your Next Picnic
Summertime is the perfect season to pack up some great food, the family, and a picnic basket and head to the park. Picnics are one of my favorite ways to spend some time with my family during the summer months. But I want to make sure I pack more than just sandwiches and chips and shake it up a bit!
Here’s what your next picnic can look like!
Here are 10 great sides to bring to your next picnic:
1. Cucumbers and Tomato Pasta Salad – Pasta salad is one of those great classic recipes that everyone is sure to love, and when adding some farm fresh veggies to the mix it makes it even better!
2. Oriental Coleslaw – Another twist on a classic side recipe. This coleslaw has a great tangy taste that would be a perfect side for some chicken!
3. Greek Green Bean Salad – Green beans are one of my daughters favorite foods so I’m always looking for new ways to serve them. This recipe is easy to make and oh-so-yummy.
4. Bacon Cheddar Potato Salad – Anything with bacon and cheese in it is sure to be an instant favorite, and this recipe is no exception!
5. Green Garlic Hummus – Hummus is another family favorite and it’s so easy to make it your own with different mix ins.
6. Garlic roasted chickpeas – Chickpeas have great flavor all on their own, but taste even better when you add fresh summer ingredients.
7. Asian Noodle Salad – Asian flavors taste great on so many different foods, and this noodle pasta is perfect for your next picnic.
8. Spiced Cottage Cheese Dip – This dip would be perfect with chips or fresh veggies!
9. Avocado Egg Salad – Avocados are filled with flavor and good fats, so they would be a perfect addition to a side on your picnic blanket.
10. Broccoli Salad – This recipe is simple, easy to make, and is a perfect summer side.
Let’s Celebrate Picnic Food
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) June 19, 2015