10 Lunchbox Sides Your Kids Will Thank You For
School is back in session and that means that our kids are back to 7 hour days in the classroom with their friends. Making sure they have a lunch that is not only tasty, but good for you too is important. They need it to fuel the rest of their day and keep their energy up. Packing a homemade lunch is the best way to ensure that your kids have a well rounded lunch. So with that in mind I thought I would share 10 lunchbox sides your kids will thank you for that are not only healthy, but taste great too. Let’s check them out:
1. Apple Chips Nachos – What a fun and sweet way to serve apples? And kids love anything that is a fun play on words.
2. Zesty Ranch Seasoned Crackers – These would be a perfect side to give a little zest to an otherwise plain lunch.
3. PB & J Popcorn – How fun is dressing up popcorn with the sweet flavors of PB & J. You could substitute PB for sunflower seed butter if you school is peanut free.
4. Kid friendly Paleo Granola – Granola is a great option for keeping kids full and focused for the rest of the school day.
5. Easy “Monster” Fruit Pies – Who doesn’t love food shaped like monsters right? And this recipe can be customized in so many different ways.
6. Honey Nut Snack Bars – I’ve always been a big fan of snack bars because they are easy to make and easy for kids to hold. Win-Win!
7. Homemade Graham Crackers – Everything is better homemade and that includes these yummy (and surprisingly easy to make) homemade graham crackers!
8. Moon Balls – These are perfect little balls of flavor that are sweet and salty. The best part is that they are pretty healthy for you too! And kids love snacks with a fun name.
9. Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip – What goes great with a crunchy granola bar? A creamy peanut butter cheesecake dip of course.
10. Glitter Grapes – This is a personal favorite snack of my daughters. It tastes like candy but is actually fruit. That is a winning recipe in my book.
Any Recipes Your Kids Would Enjoy from This Collection?
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) August 29, 2015