10 Fresh Citrus Desserts To Celebrate The End Of Summer
Summer is almost over, but it’s not over yet! There are still a few months (at least for us in the south) of sunshine and warm days ahead of us. And what is one of the best flavors of summer? Citrus fruits! Lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruits, I love them all, and I wanted to share with you 10 fresh citrus desserts to celebrate the end of summer.
1. Homemade Candied Citrus Peel – I love the idea for this recipe because it uses something you would normally throw away, and makes it into a yummy treat!
2. Fresh Lime Macaroons – Macaroons are so light and crispy, they are in my top 5 favorite desserts for sure. And with the addition of fresh lime, it is summer perfection!
3. Lemon Cheesecake Squares – This recipe is perfect for any time of year, and are easy to make, a win-win for sure.
4. Honey Glazed Orange Blueberry Scones – This recipe is sweet and pretty enough for a dessert or a breakfast. And the flavor combination is perfect for summer.
5. Key Lime Pie Bars – Key limes are one of my personal favorite flavors of summer, and this recipe is perfect for on the go. It’s all the flavor of a pie in a convenient bar.
6. Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies – Why have regular chocolate chip cookies when you can add the fresh flavor of lemon? It’s just the right amount of sweet and sour.
7. Orange Creamsicle Tarts – The orange creamsicle is a classic recipe, and these tarts are sure to please anyone that has the pleasure of tasting them.
8. Sour Cream Lemon Pie – I love sour cream pies, and lemon is the perfect flavor to put with it.
9. Homemade Orange Ice cream – I love making my own ice cream, and this recipe is the perfect ice cream recipe for summer.
10. Strawberry Lime Whoopie Pies – These little pies are perfect for little hands (or big hands ha!) and are easier to make than you might think.
Which Citrus recipe is your favorite?