Lasagna Layered with Veggies
Veer from your classic lasagna dish and try a new recipe for your next dinner with family and friends. This one, without meat and mozzarella, will be a refreshing twist on the norm. Bonus: It only calls for natural ingredients!
Cool weather, more time spent inside the house, more occasions and holidays to celebrate – all that calls for food. I always see yummy looking recipes and food options that look fantastic. Being conscious about the ingredients I feed my family, I do my best to offer more fiber, more phytonutrients with each meal.
If you are a lasagna fan, check out this meatless option that will blow your tastebuds away!
- Cooking spray
- 14-ounce firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 50 ounces Hunt’s® tomato sauce
- 3 bell peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 large zucchini, sliced
- 12 dried lasagna noodles (or, amount needed for 9-by-13-inch baking dish)
- Spray the dish of your Crock Pot with cooking spray and layer the ingredients.
- Start layering with dry noodles, zucchinis, peppers, and tofu, savoring with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast to your taste. Add tomato sauce between the layers as you build up the lasagna tower.
- Spice up last layer with garlic.
- If the dry, hard noodles don't fit, you can always break them to fit your crock.
- Cook on low for three hours or until the noodles are cooked.
Handpicked Related Recipes