Vadouvan Naan Bread with Salted Coconut Butter Recipe
Naan bread is one of my favorite go-to breads when I am in the mood for something a little different for a snack.
This Vadouvan Naan Bread with Salted Coconut Butter Recipe is warm, rich, and surprisingly easy to make. This recipe is another installment in our 100 Foot Journey recipe collection, and is sure to be a hit with your family!
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Vadouvan (see recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp Instant Yeast
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Jumbo Egg
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Fleur De Sel
- Mix flour, Vadouvan spice mixture, yeast, salt, baking powder in a bowl. In a stand mixer bowl add your grapeseed oil, milk, yogurt, egg, and honey.
- Attach your dough hook to your mixer and add your dry ingredients in with your wet ones and mix on low speed for about 5 minutes, or until your dough forms.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about 2 hours.
- Add all you ingredients to a mixer and whisk to combine. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet over low/med heat. Gently form your dough into 8 4 oz balls. Roll each ball into 7 " discs using as little flour as possible.
- When the skillet is very hot, brush it with a little grapeseed oil and cook your discs each side for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with butter and enjoy!
Here’s The Collection of other Recipes from the #100FootJourney!
Vadouvan Naan Bread with Salted Coconut Butter
Beef Bourguinon a la Hassan Recipe
Pasta Salad with Chickpeas Recipe
French Onion Soup Recipe
Curry Hot Dog Recipe
Raspberry and Blueberry Tarte Recipe
Sparkling Lemonade Recipe
Tandoori Chicken Wings Recipe
Apricot Spiced Crepes Recipe
Coriander Tuna Recipe
BBQ Chicken on Bok Choy Recipe
Ginger Basil Mojito Recipe
Carrot Zing Recipe
Minty Lemon Lassi Recipe
Chicken Tikka Recipe
Green Bean And Potato Curry Recipe
Haricots Verts With Walnuts Recipe
Stuffing Balls Appetizer
Kashmiri Basmati Pilaf Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.