Sweet Tomato Dutch Baby Pancake
When you have some time and desire to spice up your weekend breakfast routine, try this baby pancake recipe as is, and then modify it with your taste wishes! Really interesting recipe to incorporate into your meal routine.
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) May 7, 2015
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups lowfat (1%) or whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided (1/2 stick = 4 tbsp)
- 2 large McIntosh or Fuji apples, peeled, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place eggs, milk, flour and salt in blender or food processor container; cover. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in 8x8-inch baking dish. Place in oven; heat until butter is melted and baking dish is hot. Tilt dish to evenly coat bottom and sides with butter. Add batter.
- 3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add apples, diced tomatoes, raisins, granulated sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- 4. Cut pancake into 6 pieces. Serve warm, topped with the apple mixture. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.