Refreshing Spiralized Zucchini Salad With Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Convenience is a huge thing these days. With kids schedules, ongoing projects, meetings and personal life, we all need something refreshing and healthy. Guilt FREE is this amazingly simple, affordable, and no-excuse salad. You will enjoy citrusy flavor and some crunch from sprouted seeds, nuts, and dried berries. Do yourself a huge favor by eating fresh and living foods every day. And yes, it’s been proven by peer review research that good food – whole food – changes attitude and mood. Grab that zucchini and make a salad!
Spiralizing is a convenient thing to do! Take any raw veggie and make the “noodles” that you can add to salads, pastas, soups. Most importantly, you eat raw and with the minerals and vitamins that come as close from nature as it can be. I love my OXO spiralizer. It is affordable and exceptionally well done. Check out the below Amazon bar for the spiralizers that are of quality and serve thousands of people these days.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 pear
- 1/3 cup nuts of choice, we used pine nuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or any other choice
- 1/3 cup sprouted seeds (adzuki, lentils, mung beans – check in your local store in Organic section)
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- Grapefruit slices for garnish
- 2 Tbsp grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chives, chipped
- 1/4 tsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1.5 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, optional
- Salt for taste
- Spiralize zucchini, yellow squash, pear.
- Place all spiralized veggies into a large bowl. Add the rest of the Salad ingredients.
- Pour Grapefruit Vinaigrette over veggies.
- Arrange on individual plates. Garnish with grapefruit slices and herbs.
- Combine and blend all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender.
- Serve over salads, shrimp, fish. It is awesome!