Do Something Fun This Coming Week
There is so much excitement generated around this year’s Solar Eclipse! It is easy to explain WHY.
First things first. What is a Solar Eclipse?
A solar eclipse is a type of eclipse that occurs when the Moon passes between the Sun and Earth, and when the Moon fully or partially blocks the Sun. – Wikipedia
- It will be a total solar eclipse which is very rare
- Called “Great American Eclipse,” it will be visible in the continental U.S. Usually, a full eclipse occurs over water in remote areas
- This full eclipse is the first to cross the continental U.S. from coast to coast in 99 years.
It will begin at 1:15 pm EST on the Oregon coast and end at 2:49 pm EST in McClellanville, SC.
Depending on location, darkness will last from a few seconds to almost three minutes.
They report that Nashville, TN, will be the largest city experiencing total darkness during this solar eclipse. The Visitor’s Bureau of the Nashville reports an influx of about 75,000 visitors thanks to this event. It will be crowded!
During the solar eclipse, it is a MUST to take a precaution to protect your eyes. DO NOT LOOK at the sun without specialty glasses! The brightness from the sun will burn the retina of an eye causing a permanent damage. We need our eyes beyond this solar eclipse, no matter how exciting it may be.
We have prepped up two exciting STEM projects for you and parents to do during this stellar event. Click on the image to download the instructions and see the illustrations.
Lion King has been one of many beloved characters for our children. Every new release of the Lion King sequel teaches perseverance in staying on the path which is of good heart, strong friendships, and deep respect.
This year, we will celebrate the Circle of Life with our new beloved characters: Simba, Mufasa, Timon, Pumbaa. An upcoming blu-ray DVD release will be loaded with bonus material like never before! Disney makes sure that every Signature Collection piece becomes more memorable and treasured. There are a lot of behind-the-scenes bonuses that tell us the story of its making. You will be introduced to the Story Room where co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present footage of the five original story pitches. This is exciting!
Every Disney movie idea has to be pitched first. Then if it seems to be viable, it will take many turns and rounds and expansion to evolve into something doable. I have a treasured privilege to work with Disney and Pixar who take us behind the scenes and share ins-and-outs of story development, human prototypes (yes, there’s such thing!), computer animation, voice search for each character and much, much more. This Lion King blu-ray edition from the Walt Disney Signature Collection will have it in ABUNDANCE!
Lion Kind Blu-Ray DVD Release
August 29, 2017
Joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection of Classic Movies
Watch A Beautiful Visualization of the BE PREPARED Song
A world renowned performance painter combines music, arts, and dance
to create something astonishingly awesome. Watch the video!
- Brand New Sing-Along Version
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
- Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
- Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
- Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
- Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
- Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
- Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie!
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
- Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
- Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
- Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
- Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternate scenes, and in-depth journeys into the music, film, story, animals and stage show.
David Garibaldi At Fiery Work – With Paints & Brushes
Watch Amazing Interaction of the Painter with Music
The Masterpiece Has Appeared In Its Glory
For the Love of Disney – Please RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) August 18, 2017