Oatmeal Souffle RECIPE
- 1 cup regular, not 5-minute, rolled oats
- 3 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups mixed raspberries and blueberries
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Mable syrup for serving (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish
- In a large saucepan, combine the oats, milk, turbinado sugar and salt, bring to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened to a porridge consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let cool slightly.
- Working quickly, stir the egg yolks into the oatmeal until well blended. Fold in 1 cup of the berries and the lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites at medium speed until medium-stiff peaks from, about 3 minutes.
- Gently fold the whites into the oatmeal just until combined.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared dish and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden and puffed.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve hot with the remaining 1 cup of berries and maple syrup, if desired.
©2016 Celebrate Woman Today
Taste Other Undeniably Flavorful Recipes
PIN For Your FRESH IDEAS