These Oatmeal Muffins are so easy to make. And the best part is they do not use any wheat flour or oil or sugar. All the flour base comes from the ground old-fashioned oats. The honey and optional add-ons like golden raising, nuts, pieces of fruit add to the sweetness and softness of the texture.
One more tip for the variety of uses: Decorate as the season calls!
You can add Valentine hearts and Christmas colors, Halloween orange flavor or St. Patricks’s golden hues. All is in your hands! Enjoy and celebrate healthy eating!
I’ve added ribbons and Valentine’s hearts for presentation
of these Oatmeal Muffins.
Every Morsel Is Deliciousness!
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats --> 1.5 cups ground, 1 cup whole
- 2 Tbsp od-fashioned oats for muffin tops
- 2 large bananas, mashed OR use 1 cup applesauce instead
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spread oats on a baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes. Watch for it not to be burned.
- Place 1/5 cups of oats into a food processor and blend until they reach a rough, flour consistency.
- Mash bananas or use food processor to mash them.
- Add eggs, honey, milk and vanilla into a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients, including ground and whole oats, into the wet ingredients. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Optional: add 1/2 cup fruit, golden raisins or nuts
- Scoop into muffin tin lined with muffin wrappers.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with the 2 Tbsp of reserved oats.
- Bake at 350F for about 20-23 minutes. Use toothpick to check the readiness.