Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is one of the best ancient grains that you can feed your family and yourself! Boasting with high content of Protein to build muscles and cells; Fiber to eliminate all the toxins out of your system and build gut-friendly bacteria that are a MUST for your digestion and immune systems!
And look at the micro elements Quinoa offers! Obviously, it is just a scratch in naming what this grain offers to our well-being. Rather, it is its amazing ability to feed our bodies with all that we need. Ancient Incas took dried quinoa seeds with them as the ultimate nourishment before their long-lasting military and exploratory trips. Incas called quinoa “mother grain.”
Magnesium to avoid all those muscle cramps, poor sleep and other pains.
Vitamin B6 that serves as part of a huge system participating in enzyme reactions in amino acid, glucose, and lipid metabolism. Without it, our systems collapse, malfunction and call for immediate response.
Our food is our medicine. Incorporate quinoa in many of your recipes, sides and party dishes. It is versatile and can be mixed with salads, proteins without affecting the digestion. Literally, a golden grain.
Quinoa Rocks! Please RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) June 23, 2015
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced, seeded, unpeeled cucumber
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained
- 1 can (2.25 oz each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions, adding the salt.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine cucumber, drained tomatoes, olives, cheese and onion in large bowl; set aside.
- 3. Spread cooked quinoa in 13x9-inch baking dish. Cool slightly in refrigerator 5 minutes. Add quinoa to vegetable mixture; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until cold.
- Quinoa typically is found in the rice and pasta section of supermarkets. Rinse well before cooking to remove the natural bitter coating, if it is not pre-washed. Quinoa can be cooked the day before and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, if desired.
Handpicked Related Recipes