One of the traditions we have with our children is that they can invite their friends over to make some crafts for every season. We try to make it a social day, a sharing day, a time when kids have fun while partaking the benefits of working on a project together. What it does to the psyche of any individual – especially a growing one – is bringing awareness and a pleasure of working with other human beings and enjoying the process. There will be difficulties, there will be some differences how they approach different projects, but the value of working together and cooperating on a project is an invaluable experience!
We’ve got some easy projects for you and your children to attempt together or in a setting where children spend time together making something they could use, gift or have fun with. Look at these Love Bug Fruit Cups! They are adorable and can be customized in color, shape and look. Have a great Valentine’s Day experience in your home!
Love Bug Fruit Cups Craft
This Is All You Will Need for This Craft
Kids Would Love To Create Their Customized Forms & Shapes
– Let Them Do It!
Googley Eyes Are My All-Time Favorites!
The Cute Love Bugs Are Ready To Delight Someone!
- Fruit Cups
- Pipe Cleaners (Red and Pink)
- Small Pom Poms for ends of Pipe Cleaners (Red and Pink)
- Small Googley Eyes
- Red Foam Sheet for Heart Feet or Red Foam Hearts
- Hot glue sticks & Gun
- Red Sharpie or tiny pom-pom for nose
- Cut hearts out of Red Foam and glue to top of fruit cup, with the round parts of the heart sticking out. (The top of the fruit cup will be the bottom of the love bug.)
- Glue Googley Eyes to front of fruit cup (the side with the heart feet.)
- Draw on nose with red sharpie.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in small pieces about 4-5 inches. 2 per love bug.
- Glue small pom-poms to the top of the pipe cleaners.
- Glue pipe cleaners to the top of the Love Bug.