These whimsical hot air balloon heart cards are an easy Valentine card craft you can create to give to your Valentine or to decorate your home or office. They call for minimum supplies, yet can say so many things. Express yourself in a colorful and heart-ful way this Valentine’s Day and beyond!
Our crafter Angel Heaven Lee has shown some possibilities you could easily pursue with this awesome card crafting idea.
Check out some individual snapshots of the tutorial, then print it out for your library and convenience. All details are below the images.
Making Your Hot Air Balloon Heart Cards
Use a glass free frame or add other embellishments to make it your own.
Use foam, felt, glitter to decorate your Hot Balloon Card!
Express Yourself Without Any Limitations!
Frame Your Card Or Give It As Is
- Foam Hearts. I used both glittered and non-glittered
- Construction Paper, Cardboard or Cardstock. I used construction paper & a piece of cardboard.
- A pair of scissors
- A pencil or pen
- Glue and Glue Stick
- A flat, clean work surface. I used my crafting table.
- Using your scissors, cut your choice of paper to the desired size and shape. I went with a basic 4x6" rectangle.
- Using white paper & a pencil or pen, draw clouds for each card you'll be creating. You can make them as small or large as you like. I used 2 clouds per card.
- Glue the clouds onto the card.
- For each heart balloon, you will need 3 hearts of the same size. You can select any colors you wish. With mine, I really liked the finished look when I created them with one balloon having 2 pink hearts and 1 red heart in the center and the other balloon having 2 red hearts and 1 pink heart in the center.
- Glue one half of each heart back to back to make the hot air balloon shape.
- Once dried, you can glue the hot air balloons onto the card and allow them to dry.
- Using a pencil, pen or fine tipped sharpie marker, draw your basket, balloon strings and other decorations. Perhaps write “Your love lifts me up", “Love is in the air” or any other clever Valentine phrase!
- Now that you're finished with the basic design you can keep them simple or let your imagination run free! Use a glass-free frame to put your card in as a wall hanging or to sit on a desk or mantle. Upcycle an old, unwanted magnet by gluing it to the back of a card & you can display it on your fridge!
CRAFT Something During Heart Season!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) January 12, 2018