I love convenience that is accompanied with flavor, nutritional value and ease of making it all happen. These Frozen Burritos do include all that and offer a convenient lunch or even dinner when we are focusing on some other priorities of our daily living. Have these compact frozen packages available to your family and yourself with peace at heart that everybody will be be fed with quality and taste.
Choose the size of these burritos, the filling and the type of tortillas. Every element is customizable and is under your control. I like to add the ingredients that would deliver protein and fiber and quality carbs. That is why I always go to lentils or beans of other kind, quinoa and cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, kale, cabbage.
Lentils are some of my favorites! Just to give you the top 5 reasons to cook with lentils, though there are much more we can say about these little magic legumes!
Number One reason why lentils are at the top of my favorites to prepare meals is FIBER. The soluble and insoluble fiber content in these legumes make a huge difference in blood sugar control, lower cholesterol, eliminate hunger pains, deliver that sense of fullness. Hei, and fiber keep our digestive system clear and humming like new. Good-buy constipation and any other discomfort that comes from bloating.
Number Two reason of including lentils into your recipes is PROTEIN content. It may seem an insignificant amount, yet when you consume a few servings of lentils a day, it does add up. At times, I serve meals that are full of lentils and garnish them with different herbs, spices and even sauces. It’s a Delectable Bean to have in your family!
Number Three reason to celebrate lentils all year round is that these beanies are rich in FOLATE and MAGNESIUM. Why it is important is that both are huge players in our heart health. Folate lowers your homocysteine levels, a serious risk factor for heart disease. Magnesium improves blood flow, oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
Number Four reason is IRON content. Lentils are considered to be a good source of it. Iron is the key element in oxygen transportation in our blood stream. Oxygen in its turn is necessary for energy production and metabolism.
Number Five reason is TASTE. We won’t stick with the foods that taste bad. Lentils are very versatile in the flavors they can take in. Use lentils in soups, salads, and even desserts! Yep I make some of the greatest lentil gluten-free desserts that have FIBER! All done with lentils. Check out some lentil recipes that are popular in my home.
Make Some Frozen Burritos For Two Weeks!
Your Lunches, Dinners And Snacking Will Be Covered
Start With A Pack or Two of Tortillas & Foil
I prep up foil pieces ahead of time not to be interrupted during the folding process
Fill Each Tortilla With A Filling You Prepared Ahead of Time
I love Quinoa, Lentils, Onions for the Fiber and Phytonutrient Content In Them
Roll Tortilla First, Then Wrap It Into the Foil
Here’s One Ready And Several Dozens Left To Go!
Whew, the First Batch Is Done & Ready To Go Into the Freezer!
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 4 cups cabbage, sauteed
- 1 cup onions, sauteed
- 4 cups lentils, cooked
- 3 dozens of tortillas, may vary as you will be in control of the size of each burrito
- Grated cheese, herbs and spices to your content!
- Foil to roll the burritos for freezing
- Prepare all ingredients first. Cook lentils and saute all vegetables, together or separately, if you would like to control how much goes into each burrito.
- Prepare foil by tearing it into pieces that will be big enough for your burrito. Depends on the tortilla size/diameter and the quantity of filling that will go in!
- Try to roll one burrito and adjust the size of the foil accordingly.
- I use a big table spoon to create a collection of ingredients for a burrito. Once you decide what goes into a burrito and in what proportion – start them rolling!
- Place burritos into the freezer.
- I keep mine up to 1 month in the freezer. But they usually get gone and eaten within 2 weeks.