Lentils Cutlets Recipe
Lentils are more than a delicious meal. With lentils, come a great myriad of benefits like lowering cholesterol, maintaining weight, balanced blood sugar, and digestive health.
Of all legumes and nuts, lentils contain the third-highest levels of protein. 26 percent of lentils’ calories are attributed to protein, which makes them a wonderful source of protein for vegans and vegetarians. You don’t need to be an expert to create your own meal with these wonder legumes! Easy and affordable – that’s LENTILS!
I like to prepare lentils in a pressure cooker and put them into the fridge.
During the week, I have flexibility to make whatever I wish at the moment: add lentils to a green salad, or soup, or make these delicious Lentils Cutlets. Whatever your craving is – lentils will satisfy it with a burst of fiber, protein and amazing flavors.
- 4 Cups Cooked Lentils
- 1 Cup Freeze Dried Corn (Costco or any other store sells it)
- Spices to your taste
- Bread Crumbs for outer layer
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1. In a spacious bowl, combine cooked lentils and dried corn. Add spices, salt, pepper to your liking.
- 2. Make balls from the mixtures. Make sure that the "dough" is well incorporated.
- 3. Press each ball between your palms. Here's a cutlet!
- 4. Use bread crumbs to coat each cutlet.
- 5. Use Olive or Coconut oil to fry the cutlets. The lentils are cooked. So your agenda is to create an encrusted cutlet with the beans inside. Don't fry it too much.
- 6. Arrange cutlets on a plate and serve it with veggies or horseradish or any hot sauce.
Food is our glue that binds us together. Celebrate food you partake every single day. Give thanks for the nourishment it brings to you and your body, allowing you to be the best you can within each day. Check our amazing sharing of recipes at the Fresh Flavors Swap. Join the tribe of those of us who LOVE to eat deliciously.