What a bliss and blessing to have the feet that can carry us throughout a busy day, a grueling soccer tournament, uphill hike and generate zero complaints from us! Healthy feet also means interesting and fulfilling living. Beautiful and healthy feet lie within our reach and are our responsibility.
The two things we all can do to generate zero complaints towards our feet are easy!
Assuming, we are healthy overall, the first thing to pursue is our Personal Hygiene. Right Shoes follow right after that.
Watch Your Personal Feet Hygiene
- Wash feet daily with warm soapy water
- Dry feet well, especially between the toes
- Remove dry and flaky skin
- Trip toenails, removing the corners of the nail, to reduce ingrowth
- Moisturize with oil-based solutions like coconut oil or shea butter
- Use occasional nourishing foot scrubs that clean and feed the skin of your feet
- Regularly check your feet for any cuts, scrapes or changes on the skin and nails
- Apply sunscreen to your feet when wearing open shoes, sandals or flip-flops
Wear the Right Shoes!
Our feet are different in shape and size. Finding the right shoes for every day and occasions is a must, if we want to enjoy healthy and beautiful feet and avoid suffering. Obviously we do remember times wearing the wrong shoes and getting either blisters and soars or suffering from pain and inconvenience.
Do you know your FOOT Type? If not, just go to the specialty stores (or podiatrist, the foot specialist) where they can easily help you to determine what type of shoes you should wear to accommodate your feet.
When people have flat feet, they need to purchase shoes with arch support. Others who were born with high arches need to choose shoes that provide support to the balls of the feet and the heels.
- Purchase your shoes at the end of the day when the feet are at their widest
- Test your new shoes by walking in both of them around the store, don’t just depend on one shoe trial
- Round tow shoes offer more room and natural comfort to our feet
- Wearing heels over three inches puts high pressure on the balls of the feet, leading to problems with balance and in ankles and knees
- Change your shoes daily to allow sweat to dry out thus reducing the occurrence of infection
Being a runner and a power-walker, I do need great shoes that support my feet and help them to recover fast. I love certain brands and always go to get the running shoes from them. One of my old-time favorites is TheraFit shoes.
TheraFit shoes have been created to accommodate runners and walkers not only during their running and walking, but also to support feet health outside the sports routine. Having unique patented rods incorporated into the sole of each shoe, TheraFit shoes provide a stable heel and solid sole that limit overstretching of the feet during movement. I prefer to have all the rods inside my shoes at all times, as this way I receive all the necessary support my feet call for.
Having comfortable and specially-designed shoes on at all times truly contributes to the overall health and well-being. Good shoes protect our posture and organs, knees and feet and multiple muscles and tissues of the entire body. Being on feet all-day-long in good shoes prevents many diseases and debilitating conditions like plantar fasciitis, foot fatigue, arch pain and much more.
Make Every Season A Healthy One for Your FEET!
RETWEET for Blissful Feet
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) May 18, 2017
PIN for Your Feet’s Sake