One Torte – Many Celebrations of Taste!
Honey-Almond Torte with Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Whole raspberries, slivered almonds, fresh mint leaves, shaved coconut or edible flowers for garnish
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Very lightly oil the sides of a 10-inch springform pan; cut a piece of parchment into a circle the size of the bottom of the pan, and set parchment into pan.
- 2. Combine almond meal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- 3. Separate egg whites and yolks into two separate bowls. Add honey and vanilla to egg yolks and whisk to combine. Add the egg yolk mixture to the ground almond mixture, and stir to mix well.
- 4. Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and whip with a whisk, electric mixer or standing mixer until stiff peaks form, but whites are still moist. Using a spatula, gently fold eggs whites, a little at a time, into the nut flour mixture until well-combined; mixture will be stiff and thick at first, but will loosen up as you add egg whites.
- 5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a rack until completely cooled.
- 6. Grind coconut sugar in a spice mill or clean coffee grinder until very fine. Combine with coconut milk in a small pot and simmer until sugar is melted. Put chocolate in a medium bowl; pour warm coconut milk over chocolate, stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes to slightly thicken it.
- 7. To serve, gently run a knife around the edges of the springform pan and remove pan. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and pour ganache over the cake. Decorate with raspberries, slivered almonds, shaved coconut, fresh mint or edible flowers, and serve immediately.
Add Tones of Freshness To This Cake
Decorate Each Piece With Mint or Basil
Here’s A Different Side Look To A Yummy Piece of Torte
And Here’s Where That Piece of Torte Came From!
More Of Cakes And Tortes
• Double Chocolate Beet & Lentil Cake
• Bundt Cake Customized for Any Occasion
• Raspberry Butter Cake – oh, my!
• Chocolate Fruit Endeavor Torte
• Chocolate Buttermilk Bite-Size Cakes – Gluten Free & You’ll Never Know!