Herb-Loaded Chopped Greek Salad
Be creative in your choices for any freshly chopped salad! Take advantage of beans by adding them into soups, salads and main dishes. You don’t need a ton – just a couple of spoonfuls to get the benefits of fiber and micronutrients that beans bring to our bodies.
Quinoa is a unique super power grain that comes to us from ancient inca culture. Boasting of a full range of amino acids and protein, this makes if a golden ingredient to add to any recipe to substitute rice and pasta.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 14oz can white beans (or your favorite beans)
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped fresh herb – cilantro, mint, parsley, basil, whatever is your choice!
- 2 cups chopped red or yellow sweet onion
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Chop all your fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Rinse canned beans with cold running water. Or if you have a pressure cooker, prepare your beans in it!
- Make sure cooked quinoa is cooled.
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Add to your liking olive oil, salt and pepper, and lemon juice.
Adding fresh herbs to your foods stimulates the olfactory system, thus allowing you to enjoy food more and get the satiety mechanism work in your favor. The more fresh veggies and herbs in your daily diet – the more visible the benefits of eating unprocessed foods become.
Check Out Other Salads To Inspire Your Recipe Ideas