What a fun time to spend crafting this Halloween Kitty Cat Pumpkin Craft! Get your kids organized the materials for this DIY projects. Use those plastic pumpkins you got for other projects last year. Find all the wires and googly eyes that are lying around in your crafting drawers. All things will be handy.
We love this Kitty Cat Pumpkin for the versatility and characters we can add to each pumpkin kitty.
Craft It In Your Home This Holiday Season!
Halloween Kitty Cat Pumpkin Craft
- Ribbon in a variety of widths and patterns
- Large foam pumpkin
- Craft glue
- Ear and nose template (download PDF)
- Black cardstock/Orange cardstock (Orange for black cats)
- Patterned scrapbook paper
- 5 small foam pumpkins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- 10 black or white thumbtacks (White are for black cats)
- Black floral wire
- 5 pencils, sharpene skewers (cut to size)
- Florist foam
- Fall Leaves
- Cut pieces of ribbon long enough to extend from inside top edge of large pumpkin to the underside. Starting at bottom, use hot glue to attach ribbon pieces one by one to each pumpkin rib (the raised part between the grooves). Glue the piece at the edge and then at the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Print templates and cut out. Place ear and nose templates on black card stock and trace around, making 5 noses and 5 pairs of ears. Cut out. Place inner-ear template on patterned paper and trace around, making 5 pairs. Cut out.
- Use craft glue to attach a patterned-paper inner ear to each black-card-stock outer ear. Let dry. Hot-glue one pair of ears to each small pumpkin. (Trick: Cut a slit where you want the ears to go and slide them in place. )
- For eyes, insert a pair of black thumbtacks into each pumpkin, or use craft glue to attach a pair of black buttons. Attach a nose to each pumpkin with craft glue. Cut four 1½?-long pieces of wire for each pumpkin. Attach two wires on either side of nose with hot glue. (Trick: Poke the wire into the foam pumpkin instead of gluing.)
- Arrange foam in bottom of large pumpkin. Insert sharpened end of a pencil into bottom of each kitten pumpkin and insert other end into foam. Prop top of pumpkin on kittens.
- Use leaves to fill in spaces between the kittens and the pumpkin to cover up the foam.
Use Your Imagination To Decorate Kitty Cat’s Cute Pumpkin Faces
Feel Free To Decorate The Pumpkin Top, Too!
Use Colorful Tape Or Ribbons To Show Festive Pumpkin’s Outside!