Grilled Radicchio & Bok Choy
with Lentils & Rice Noodles
Inspired by the amazing people at the Canadian Lentils who know what they’re talking about when it comes to beans!
- 4 baby bok choy, halved (or use regular size bok choy)
- 1/2 head radicchio, cut into 3 wedges attached to stem (unless you are grilling it on a Zojirushi Skillet)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Pinch salt & ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked rice noodles or glass noodles
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) cooked or canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. PREHEAT your grill or use Zojirushi home skillet.
- 2. TOSS boy choy and radicchio with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until charred, flipping onto each side. Transfer to a cutting board and chop bok choy into bite sized pieces, and radicchio into thin slices.
- 3. COMBINE bok choy and radicchio with rice noodles, cilantro, onions, lentils, and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- 4. WHISK together vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the sesame oil.
- 5. TOSS the dressing onto salad mix, season with salt and pepper and serve.
I use my portable Zojirushi Electric Skillet for all of my grilling needs. It is so easy and always on my counter top. Look how yummy these veggies look!
Zojirushi Electric Skillet is A Perfect Vessel
for Grilling the Veggies
Grilled Bok Choy & Radicchio
Assemble on a plate and add herbs and spices to your liking. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to a yummy – just for your taste – food!
I like more fresh herbs on my plate, more than a recipe calls for! It is up to you to garnish your dish.