Gluten FREE Chocolate-Buttermilk Bite-Size
A delicious taste with every bite!
The Batter will be the consistency of any regular muffin mix.
Cool mini cakes on a parchment paper upside down, that would flatten them a bit.
Place the filling between the haves of the mini cakes. Do not overfill!
Easy to pack and take these bite-size desserts anywhere you go!
And if you just content with a cup of tea at home –
Enjoy it with a mini-cake to celebrate the tastes!
Gluten FREE Chocolate-Buttermilk Bite-Size Cakes
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Gluten Free flour
- 2/3 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 Cup mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat the mini muffin form with non-stick spray or olive oil. You'll need 36 mini cakes baked.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, cooled coffee and vanilla. Add gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix all ingredients well.
- In a large bowl, using hand mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the oil at medium-high speed until blended. Beat in the egg.
- Pour the #3 ingredients into the #2 ingredients. Mix well.
- Fill the muffin or cupcake forms with the batter. Bake until the mini cakes are fully cooked, about 12-15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- Carefully invert the cakes onto a parchment paper-lines baking sheet – this will slightly flatten them. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone, heavy cream, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, salt at medium speed, until smooth and thick. At first the mixture will be liquidy. Don't worry, it will start to thicken pretty fast.
- Cut the mini cakes into halves.
- Spread mascarpone filling onto one flat side and cover with the other half of the mini cake.
- Press down gently to spread the filling.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Can be saved up to 3 days.
Make the CAKES.
Make the FILLING
COMBINE Baked Cakes With the Filling
©2016 Celebrate Woman Today
Get More of Bakes & Cakes for Your Company!