Here’s one of the healthy choices for you that incorporates the principals from the previous post about exercise, and healthy food choices after it (to lower your insulin resistance and lose or maintain weight). This salad does meat those requirements, and it is very filling.
Variety Fish Salad Reipe
Easy delicious recipes for healthy meals. Every day
- 1 orange
- 1 lb fish fillet (go for the cold water and Atlantic salmon, rather than farm fish)
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 cups of spinach or green/red salad leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can (16 oz) white or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 F. From the orange, grate some peel to measure 2 teaspoons; set aside. Peel and section orange; reserve. Arrange fish (salmon) in 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine Balsamic Vinegar with orange peel in small bowl. Evenly brush fish (salmon) with 4 tablespoons dressing mixture. Bake 12 minutes or until salmon flakes with fork.
- Arrange spinach (green salad leaves), tomatoes, and onion on serving platter. Top with orange and beans, then arrange fish (salmon) and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with remaining Balsamic Vinegar.