With Summer on your doorstep, there’s no denying the fact that we’ve got some cool days filled with colorful vegetables and fruit and berries to ornate our daily recipes and add to the well-being of our food intake.
Vegetables are filled with phytonutrients and Fiber.
Phytonutrients are essential for our antioxidant protection. And Fiber plays its top role in blood sugar control and regularity of our bowel. Why not use all that to the best advantage? Here’s a simple salad that you can throw in a bowl and literally have a feast.
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) June 1, 2015
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 1 Cup Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Cup Baby Tomatoes, red or yellow
- 1 Cup fresh Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup dried Cranberries
- 1 medium Cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium Tomato, sliced
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- Salt, Pepper, Spices to your liking
- 1. Add all sliced ingredients into a large bowl, mix. Add spices to your liking.
- 2. Serve in an individual bowl and Add Feta Cheese on top of salad
- 1. You can easily adjust how much salad to make based on the number of people who will enjoy it.
- The above recipe is for about 3-4 people.
- Make adjustments based on the meal plan you have in mind – do you serve a salad all by itself or as a compliment to a meal.
- 2. You can add oil and balsamic vinegar instead of spices and salt.