There’s a great number of chemicals with endocrine system disruptive values that find their way into our food, water, and air supply. Environmental Work Group (EWG) in partnership with Keep A Breast Foundation has released the latest Dirty Dozen Endocrine Disruptors list.
Majority of people do not even suspect where and how they could “meet up” with such chemicals that play havoc with their health, bringing their hormonal system into disarray and causing debilitating state for the whole body.
The list was put together by EWG after scouring many peer-reviewed medical studies and scientific papers to identify the most widely-used hormone-disrupting pollutants. From many news releases and your own research, you may know that such toxic chemicals have been linked to birth defects, lowered sperm counts, lowered IQ, obesity and thyroid diseases, and many cancers.
Here are just 12 of these chemicals that are a must-see. Read MORE on this Dirty Dozen Endocrine Disruptors that you and I must avoid by all means.
Dirty Dozen To Avoid
• Avoid plastics marked “PC” or #7
• Avoid canned foods, as many are lined BPA
• Avoid receipts, as thermal paper is often coated with BPA –> NEVER give receipts to children for that same reason!
It’s been shown that our food supply has been widely contaminated with dioxin. This one is very hard to avoid completely. But you can cut down on Animal Products like meat, milk, butter, fish eggs.
Do your best in buying Organic produce and drink spring water or use filters to remove Atrazine. Here’s the list on buying safe water filters for that purpose.
• Avoid plastic storage and plastic wrap made from PVC and labeled with #3 on the packaging.
• Beware to buy safe toys for kids. Many phthalates have been banned, but be sure to be aware of it.
• Avoid products that have “Fragrance” listed on them, as it could be a hiding place for those chemicals in them!
• To remove perchlorate from water, use Reverse Osmosis Filter
• To remove this chemical from food, include the recommended amount of Iodine in your diet, which neutralizes perchlorate. Iodized Salt is one of the foods you could consume.
Again, it is hard to eliminate these completely. But do at least these few things.
• Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter, which can cut down on toxic-laden house dust
• Avoid reupholstering foam furniture
• Take care when replacing old carpet (the padding underneath may contain Polyurethane or PBDEs)
• Eat and Drink from Organic Sources
• If you live in older structures, old paint has lead in it. So, educate yourself how to remove it safely.
• Studies showed that children with healthier diets absorb less lead in their life –> more stimuli to add more organic veggies and fruit to your child’s daily diet!
You could reduce your exposure by using water filter and drinking spring water.
Fish is a great source of DHA and Omega-3 for our good heart, eyes, brain power and circulatory system. To reduce mercury from your consumption, look for Wild Salmon and Farmed Trout options when purchasing your fish.
Perfluorinated Chemicals (PFCs)
• Avoid non-stick pans
• Do Not Use stain and water-resistant coatings on clothing, furniture and carpets
Buy Organic Produce and use non-toxic fresh produce cleaners like Eat Cleaner to avoid ingestion of these chemicals.
Avoid products with ingredients such as 2-butoxyethanol (EGBE) and methoxydiglycol (DEGME)
Please Re-Tweet To All Your Care About. Spread These Facts.
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) October 28, 2013
If you have like this information about Dirty Dozen Endocrine Disruptors you’ve got many options to contribute, participate and share.
• For Paid Blogger Opps, Subscribe here (Check Mark Only “Blogger Paid Opps” Option)
• For Breast Cancer Awareness FINALE Online Party Learn & Join In Here
• For Facebook Parties Notifications, Subscribe here (Check Mark Only “Online Parties” Option)
• Please contact Celebrate Woman Today with questions or to see your business or blog featured on the next big event!
by Laura Gontchar