Easy Recipes That Are Prepped in 30 Minutes or Less
The rest is left for the Crock-Pot to Cook!
“Cacciatore” means that the recipe is prepared in a spicy tomato sauce with mushrooms and herbs. Obviously, you can be creative and do what your tastebuds demand. It is your food preferences you gotta listen to and use any recipe as an inspiration and guide to prepare something out-of-this world palatable and nutritious.
For my chicken cacciatore I used a lot of herbs, but not mushrooms. I love mushrooms, I just did not have them on hand. The best mushrooms for this recipe are shiitake, as they add an incredibly deliciously aromatic motif to the entire meal plan. If all you’ve got are white mushrooms – go with them. These mushrooms are less aromatic and take on the flavor of the governing herbs in the recipe. So, go out into your kitchen to create a memorable dinner dish that will resonate with your family’s preferences.
Though, you may want to surprise your peeps with something new and original!
Tomatoes, When Cooked, Make Lycopene Available to Our Body
Use The Cacciatore Bouillon for Your Sides: Veggies, Quinoa
Add Extra Aroma to Your Dinner: Basil, Dill, Cilantro
[bctt tweet=”Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore to Celebrate Dinner Time. #HeartThis #CrockPot Easy #RecipeIdeas ” username=”DiscoverSelf”]
- 2-3 onions, thinly sliced. I use mandolin for slicing which I got here
- 2-4 lbs chicken breasts or thighs, skinned
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or 2 Tbs or canned minced garlic
- 1/2 cup broth, vegetable or chicken or beef
- 2 cups of fresh cherry tomatoes, halved OR use canned 14 oz minimum
- 2 Tbs capers
- 20 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- Fresh herbs like dill, parsley
- Place sliced onion in Crock-Pot slow cooker and cover with chicken pieces.
- In a bowl, stir tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and broth. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on High for 3-4 hours OR on Low for 5-6 hours.
- Stir in capers, olives and herbs just before serving.
- Serve over cooked quinoa, pasta, steamed vegetables.
Cooking chicken on the bone versus boneless will increase cook time about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Pin for Your Dinner Board
Take Your Tastebuds On A Scrumptious Journey This Month –
30 EASY DINNERS At Your Finger Tips