Cranberry Roulade Recipe Winner #RecipeIdeas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a saucepan, bring the cranberries, water and 1 cup of the sugar to a boil.
- Simmer over moderate heat, stirring, until the cranberries start to burst, 5 to 7 mins.
- Let Cool.
- Brush a foil-lines rimmed baking sheet with oil. In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites at medium-high speed to soft peaks.
- Beat in the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar at high speed until the whites are stiff, about 3 mins.
- Spread the meringue onto the baking sheet in a 1/2 inch-thick rectangle.
- Top with the almonds and bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes, until springy.
- Slide the meringue and foil onto a rack; Cool completely.
- Beat the heavy cream and creme fraiche at medium speed until soft peaks from.
- Cover the meringue with a sheet of foil and top with a baking sheet. Invert the meringue onto a work surface and remove the rack and top layer of foil.
- With a long side facing you, spread the cream over the meringue, leaving a 2-inch border. Using a slotted spoon, scatter the cranberries on top; reserve the syrup.
- Staring at the long side nearest you, carefully roll up the meringue.
- Transfer to a platter and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 5 hours.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the roulade into slices and serve, passing the reserved syrup at the table.
©2016 Celebrate Woman Today
Try Other Flavorful Variations in Food!
Pin for Your Next Celebration