Smart Cookies are Gluten FREE
Did you know that all the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts?*
Would it be easy to bake cookies for the whole town, friends and family?
Bake some cookies this season! You can make them festive and colorful. What’s more important, get your whole family and friends do it with you!
Traditions start with a small step, – like cookie baking, – and these times spent together will last for a long time. They will bring in emotions and feelings into the places of your life where there was a void or lack of love and care.
Relationships are the only thing that sustain us and make us better, stronger, and more giving.
Give this season – your kind word, a hug, a moment of a loving gaze.
And Bake Cookies – Together!
Easy Mixing Makes Fun
Decorate Your Cookies In Your Unique Way!
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 2•1/2 Cups All-purpose Gluten-FREE Flour
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tsp Multicolor candy Sprinkles
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Strawberry, mashed
- 1. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix until fluffy. Add vanilla and applesauce. Mix all well.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and 1/2 cup candy sprinkles – Mix well.
- 3. Add the dry mix (Step 2) to the wet mix (Step 1). Mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling and mix them well.
- 5. Heat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 6. Place cooled cookie dough on plastic wrap – or I use parchment paper for this as well to avoid stickiness.
- Place another sheet of plastic wrap (or parchment paper) on top. Using rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- 7. Cut cookies with a cookie cutter into desired shapes. Transfer them to prepared pan, spaced 1 inch apart. Top with additional sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for about 10 minutes – Avoid browning of the cookies!
- 10. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- 11. Place filling on the bottom side of one cookie and press the bottom side of a second cookie on top to create a sandwich.
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) December 2, 2015
PIN for Your Extraordinary Times Together –
Celebrate While Baking COOKIES!
Food is our glue that binds us together. Celebrate food you partake every single day. Give thanks for the nourishment it brings to you and your body, allowing you to be the best you can within each day. Check our amazing sharing of recipes at the Fresh Flavors Swap. Join the tribe of those of us who LOVE to eat deliciously.
* Gulevich, Tanya. 2000. Encyclopedia of Christmas. Detroit, MI: Omnigraphics, Inc.