Chicken with Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Food is our glue that binds us together. Celebrate food you partake every single day. Give thanks for the nourishment it brings to you and your body, allowing you to be the best you can within each day.
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) May 31, 2015
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks (8 drumsticks = 2-1/2 lb)
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg (6.3 oz each) mushroom & herb rice pilaf mix
- 3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add drumsticks and cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning several times. Remove drumsticks from skillet. - See more at: http://www.hunts.com/recipes-Chicken-with-Mushroom-Rice-Pilaf-2268#sthash.550NsWgb.dpuf
- 2. Add tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, peas, water and rice with seasoning packet to skillet; mix well. Top with drumsticks. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover with lid.
- 3. Cook 20 to 25 minutes or until drumsticks are no longer pink in center (180°F) and rice is tender.