Cantaloupe Gazpacho With Lentils Recipe
Take advantage of fruit and berries while they’re in season! Adding Cantaloupe to your daily variety of foods would add many benefits to your well-being.
Boasting of zeaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant, it would be beneficial to add pieces of this fruit to your salads, yogurts, and desserts. Zeaxanthin filters out harmful blue light rays and is thought to play a protective role in eye health and possibly ward off damage from macular degeneration.
Fiber, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in cantaloupe all support heart health. Plus add fiber from the amazing lentils, and you’ve got your precious nutrients to maintain your weight and get nutritional value from simple and widely available food supplies. Nothing fancy, yet deliciously nutritious.
With its high water and electrolyte content, cantaloupe is a great snack to have on hand during the hot summer months to prevent dehydration.
- 3-1/2 (875ml) chopped ripce cantaloupe
- 2 cups (500 ml) peeled and chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold water
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) minced shallot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bazil or mint, for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, for garnish, optional
- 1. PLACE in the bowl of a food processor the cantaloupe, cucumber, lentils, water, shallots, and vinegar. Puree until smooth.
- 2. drizzle olive oil in slowly while processing, until combined.
- 3. SEASON with salt and pepper. Chill for 2 hours.
- 4. GARNISH each bowl with mint or basil or mint leaves. Add grated carrots for garnish.
Awesome addition to your summer lunch or dinner menu!
Exceptionally Refreshing! Try Something New this Season!
Dive Into More Refreshing Foods for Summer!