Berry Tea Cakes Recipe
It’s a lovely tradition in our family to bake some late-spring-early-summer desserts with berries inside. My grandmas on both sides of the family were especially crafty when it came to combining delicious aromas of the berries in their own orchards. These Berry Tea Cakes bites are a perfect example from my childhood when we would gather around the table to knead the dough and make our own baking masterpieces while a grandma was making a real thing. I so much love to go back the memory lane when it comes to baking in my grandmas’ kitchens. I was fortunate to know both of them well and love them so much.
Have some time together in your kitchen, with your kids, with your friends whom you love and treasure. Postponing only would add anxiety to the feeling unfulfilled.
Have exquisitely crafted and baked Berry Tea Cakes this Season!
Start with the Berries – Make Your Pick!
You Will LOVE the Tiny Crumbles on the Top of Each Square!
It’s All Baked Fresh Filling – Tantalizing
Share With Friends and Neighbors
A Very Light Dessert! Please RETWEET!
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) August 22, 2015
- 2.5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Old-fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- a Pinch of Salt
- 4 Cups of Berries, use any berries you love! We used a mix of Blueberries, Blackberries & Raspberries
- 1/3 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line 9 x 9" pan with parchment paper.
- 2. Filling
- In a medium bowl, combine the berries with sugar, conrstarch and lemon juice. Set aside while you prepare the dough mixture.
- 3. Mix the Dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, pieces of butter, sugars, salt and baking powder. Combine all ingredients well until the mass resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4. Divide the dough in 2 halves.
- Use one part to line the pan, pressing down firmly.
- 5. Pour the filling onto the pan. Distribute berries evenly across the pan.
- 6. Sprinkle remaining dough mixture over the berries.
- 7. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 35 minutes. Watch for the golden crust on the top.
- 8. Allow to cool. Cut into mini cakes. Enjoy!
Hand-Picked Related Recipes