Why Quinoa and Peppers
• Both ingredients are a magnificent source of proteins, amino acids, vitamins and micronutrients.
• Bell peppers are in season and offer the power house of fresh supply of vitamins.
• Quinoa is an ancient super grain that boasts of high levels of protein and 8 Amino Acids.
Feed your bodies well this summer. Get your kids accustomed to eating quinoa-based dishes. Your kiddos will thank you later in their lives.
- 5 bell peppers, your choice of color
- 1 tablespoon Organic Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold-Pressed
- 3 tablespoons 100% Organic Onion Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Organic 100% Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 pound lean ground tofu (or use chicken or turkey)
- 1 cup Organic Quinoa, cooked
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Basil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Oregano Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Organic 100% Organic Peppercorns Whole, ground
- 1 egg
- 1 / 2 cup Kashi TLC Crackers Original 7 Grain, crushed
- 1 cup Pasta Sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut tops off peppers 1 inch from the stem end, and remove seeds.
- Boil peppers, using a spoon to keep them completely submerged, until the flesh is slightly softened; about 3 minutes.
- Drain, set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a skillet, brown tofu (or chicken or turkey) and onion flakes.
- Add cooked quinoa, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add egg and crushed crackers. Mix well.
- Arrange the cut side of the peppers up in a baking dish, then stuff peppers with filling.
- Take pasta sauce and spoon over the filling.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes (or longer, depending on how big the peppers are that you are stuffing).
Handpicked Related Quinoa Recipes