Baked Figs Are Amazingly Easy And Celebratory Dessert for Any Season
Freshly Baked Figs with Whipped Heavy Cream
Looking for a delicious snack and in-between-food? Consider figs! Raw or baked, they are provide an ample amount of fiber and some essential ninerals for your body’s normal functioning.
Magnesium – it helps to activate enzymes for better absorption of vitamin D, as one of many of its functions
Manganese – essential for forming connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones
Calcium – yes, for bone density and many chemical reactions taking place in your body
Copper – you gotta have this trace mineral to be present in your body for collagen formation – alongside with vitamin C, – and for better absorption of iron.
Potassium – an excellent electrolyte for your heart functioning and lower blood pressure
Plentiful of vitamins, especially vitamin K and B6. Read up on vitamin K and its importance in more detail in this post that highlights its food sources and role in the body.
Half Each Fresh Fig to Enjoy
Don’t throw away anything! Smother all over your face and neck and enjoy a quick facial mask for the next 10 minutes. The meat of the figs has vitamin C and amazingly refreshing properties. Use cool water to wash off the remainders of the mask and continue with your day!
Arrange Halves In a Baking Dish
Add Coconut Sugar, 1 tsp per A Half
Coconut sugar is so delicious! It is low glycemic and does not cause blood sugar spikes.
Plate Baked Fig Halves And Enjoy Your Dessert,
With or Without Whipped Topping
Top Each Baked Fig Half With
Freshly Whipped-Up Heavy Cream Topping
Or Drizzle with Caramel
- 15-20 fresh figs, halved
- 1 cup Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- If baking for Holidays, add some Cinnamon to the cup of sugar. It will create a festive smell in your house.
- Cut all fresh figs into halves. Arrange halves on a baking pan.
- Sprinkle with Coconut sugar. I love adding at least 1/2 tsp of sugar into each half.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes at 350F (175C).
- Plate straight from the oven or allow to cool.
- Top with freshly whipped heavy cream (whip up heavy cream with powdered sugar, 1:1/2 proportion).
- Try warm caramel topping, it tastes awesome, too.
Pin for Your Next Delicious Adventure