BEANS are some of my favorites to cook with. Cooking them over the stove could be long. Yet a nifty solution is a pressure cooker that cooks even hard beans in a matter of minutes.
This recipe can be made with cannellini or white kidney beans – your choice. Either way, you will end up with a delicious meal that is filling and flavorful and bursting with many health benefits that come from eating beans.
White beans and cannellini are a great source of antioxidants, iron and dietary fiber. Such nutrients like vitamin K and minerals like copper, phosphorous, calcium, manganese, potassium and molybdenum are the essential part of internal chemical reactions that take part on the cell level. All need to be present to ensure a balanced functioning of our bodies.
As all beans are rich in fiber, some of them have more of this amazing dietary material. White beans have more fiber than red kidney beans and can reduce the risk of many cancers and other potential killers, including brain aneurysms.
Eating beans is good all year round!
Baked Beans With Tomatoes And Herbs
- 8 oz cannellini or white kidney beans, cooked
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped – if you do not have fresh tomatoes, use canned or even oven-dried organic tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs, chopped and mixed together: Thyme, Basil, Oregano)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Cook the beans.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the beans in a large baking dish.
- Mix in the tomatoes, garlic, herbs and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Serve hot.