Easy Meal Prep With Bok Choy
Use a wide variety of grains, protein sources like beans, lentils, tofu, natto to bring up the deliciousness of boy choy. Bok Choy itself cooks very fast. In ten minutes you can have a full feast in front of you.
Bok Choy is a very low calorie cruciferous vegetable boasting with vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals. Just to give you a few prominent nutrients in Bok Choy, here they are:
Vitamin A – an essential part of our life and is needed for good eyesight, heart and cell health, skin health and many more functions that science is not even aware of.
Vitamin C – this is a crucial vitamin for our well-being and is one of the blocks in building collagen. Collagen means skin health and look and longevity. Load up on bok choy to boost your immune system and look great, too!
Bok Choy can be used in slaws, soups, and stir-fries. When you are short for time but do want to incorporate veggies into your meal – boy choy could be a delicious choice!
FYI: Bok Choy’s flavor is enhanced with heat.
Side: Lentil Curry with Tofu And Green Peas
Celebrate Bok Choy – Please TWEET!#HeartThis Baby Bok Choy With Garlic & Ginger. Celebrate #RecipeIdeas for Nutrient Dense Meals! Click To Tweet
Baby Bok Choy with Garlic & Ginger Recipe
- 2 Tbs olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1Tbs minced ginger
- 4 baby Bok Choy
- 4 Tbs hot water (more if needed)
- 4-6 oz cooked tofu, lentils, beans, seafood, chicken, beef – your choice
- Heat a saute pan over high heat; add oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add garlic and ginger, saute for 10-15 seconds.
- Add bok choy and toss it in garlic and ginger.
- Add hot water and cover the pan with lid to steam.
- Steam until bok choy is tender and bright green about 2-5 minutes depending on the pan and stove. Just don't burn it!
- You can stir in your source of protein with bok choy still in the pan. Or you can plate bok choy and add the protein after it.
- Enjoy the meal immediately.
PIN for Your Next Dinner Idea
Leave Your Comment Below!