Top 3 Reasons To Add Quinoa To Your Recipe Ideas
Even though quinoa is technically not a grain, it still counts as a whole grain food. It is an excellent source of Fiber.
Quinoa is Gluten FREE.
Quinoa boasts of amino acids and protein.
CHEESBURGER QUINOA RECIPE
3 Reasons To Add Cheeseburger Quinoa To Your Recipes
- 1/2 lbs ground turkey or chicken, go for lean variety
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1.5 tomato, diced or use 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt or to your taste
- Black pepper to your taste
- 1/2 cup tri-color quinoa or any quinoa you have on hand
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, diced, Optional
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add turkey or chicken, onion and garlic. Cook until the meat is cooked well.
- Add in broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Stir in quinoa and mix well. Cover with the lid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to simmer for about 30-40 minutes. Make sure quinoa absorbs liquid and is soft to eat.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and pickles and enjoy.
©2016 Celebrate Woman Today
Celebrate Quinoa In Many Recipes And Frequently
Look What You Can Make With QUINOA: Salads, Soups, Snacks!