7 Simple Slimming Secrets To Lose Body Fat
Simple Slimming Secret #5: Eat One Large, Preferably Organic, Raw Salad Per Day
By Amy Fournier
Have at least one, HUGE mixed salad per day.
This is a great way to get all sorts of wonderful nutrition into your body, but with minimal calories. Plus the high water content of the veggies is a major dieting trick to help fill you up and control hunger, yet still keep your weight where you like it.
Include as much variety and color as you can in your salad. Alternate your choices of beautiful veggies each day and be brave and try something new! Just pile it all on there and enjoy.
One word of caution particularly at salad bars: be sure to limit the starchy carbs like the higher glycemic veggies such as potatoes/potato salad, sweet potatoes, dried fruit, squash, carrots and onions, as well as the croutons, items with dressings and marinades and things made with mayonnaise. These will sabotage your weight loss goals.
Also caution with the loose nuts which are healthy but also high calorie. Therefore be sure to limit nuts to just a small handful. Instead include more green, fibrous carbohydrates or seeds for added crunch.
Amy Fournier is a certified dance, fitness Zumba and yoga instructor; author, holistic nutritionist, cover/fitness model, performer and media personality. For over 25 years she specializes in awakening the inner spark of passion, energy and enthusiasm in others through the use of food, fitness and fun! To learn more about Amy or to contact her, please visit her website: www.amyfournierhealthandfitness.com
If You Would Like To Catch Up On The Earlier Articles by Amy, Here Are The Direct Links To Them:
• Simple Slimming Secret #1: Eliminate all forms of sugar
• Carb Overload: 5 Tips To Get Back On Track
• Simple Slimming Secret #2: Eat Smaller, More Frequent Meals
• Simple Slimming Secret #3: Don’t Get Full
• Simple Slimming Secret #4: Drink Plenty Of Water
• Slimming Secret #5: Eat One Large RAW Salad Per Day
• Slimming Secret #6: Don’t Eat 2-3 Hours Before Going To Bed
• Slimming Secret #7: Have Your Last Meal Be Consist of These Ingredients