10 Easy And Healthy Lunchbox Ideas
School is back in session! It’s time to watch our children start another beautiful chapter in their lives. Making new friends, learning new things, and going on new adventures! This year for the first time my daughter has requested that I pack her lunch for school daily. In previous years she liked eating lunch at school – Why? This I may never know.
I wanted to make sure I could offer her more than just a PB&J sandwich and a bag of chips so I hopped online and found 10 easy and healthy lunchbox ideas that I thought you would all love to learn how to make! Let’s check them out:
1. Low Carb Smoked Turkey & Cucumber “Sandwiches” – This is a great alternative for a traditional sandwich and has a great flavor the kids will love.
2. Homemade Apple Chips – This is a great side option for any lunch. A little sweet, a little crunchy, and a lot yummy!
3. Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups – Fruit roll-ups are one of my daughters favorite snacks, and I love being able to make them at home without all the preservatives and who knows what else!
4.Easy Chicken Greek Wrap – This wrap would be perfect for the kids that love a lot of flavor with a little effort. So much better than a plain ole sandwich right?
5. Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Who doesn’t love a cookie as a dessert after a school lunch? And these leave out the guilt without sacrificing flavor.
6. Edible Pencils – Yes you read that correctly, edible pencils! What a fun idea for a school lunchbox right? And it’s still pretty good for you too!
7. Butterfly Snack Pack – Isn’t this snack adorable!? It would be perfect for the smaller children in our lives, and is as healthy as it is cute!
8. Cheesy Ranch Chicken Quesadillas – One of the great things about quesadillas is that can be enjoyed warm or cold! You can make them in big batches and save time too!
9. No Bake Rainbow Chip Granola Bars – Granola bars are great for keeping kids full and focused, and when you add a little element of fun with rainbow chips, it’s sure to become a quick favorite!
10. Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas – Chickpeas are wonderful for you, full of healthy fats and protein! They also make a great alternative to a bag of chips and are super easy to make!
What are you going to be packing in your children’s lunches this year?
— Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf) August 1, 2015